6.14.2009

Qui êtes-vous, Polly Maggoo?










So today since I have a cold and a very stuffy nose, I decided to stay in bed and watch the Tribeca Film festival on the Sundance channel. As I was flipping through the channels I came across Qui êtes-vous, Polly Maggoo? (who are you, Polly Magoo?) a film from 1966 which portrays a satirical view of fashion and fashion houses. It is so ridiculous and funny at the same time I couldn't resist to do a post about it. Dorothy McGowan plays Polly, a 20-year-old Brooklyn-born fashion model in Paris who is followed by a camera crew to go behind the scenes of the fashion industry. I googled the movie title for these images, and I have to say the imagery and essence of this film is superb. Throughout the film I found myself wanting to pause the movie and snap a picture of the screen. I would hang every single movie still on my wall if i could. Here's hoping that you guys see this movie!! I'll post a clip from it below.






let me know what you think :)

xoxo, Maria

1 comment:

  1. amazing! i saw the movie a while back and I was floored lol

    love your blog!

    ReplyDelete